If your area is crying out for decent, affordable housing, then why not consider taking some local action to set your own housing project?
The workshop will feature speakers representing K1 at Marmalade Lane, the first co-housing development in Cambridge – Frances Wright, a local resident involved in the initiative and Jonny Anstead, Director of Town, who helped to develop it.
What is community-led housing?
- those who are in need (such as unemployed people or single parents)
- young people looking to buy their first house
- older residents wanting to downsize
- Reasonably priced homes for families
- Housing that meets the community’s wants and needs
- A long waiting list for council housing